Monday, November 22, 2010

CAS - speak out to reach people!


19th November 2010 is World Toilet Day. Current Affairs Society in coopertation with World Toilet Organization celebrate the Big Squat event at NTU. At a booth set up besides Nanyang Auditorium, from morning 9:00 until evening 17:30, we reached almost 100 passers to take part in our Big Squat and took a picture of them for commemorating WTD and raising the awareness of the importance of toilet to poor countries. Children are the serious victims of diarrhea, bacterias, and other fatal diseases. 2.6 billion of people worldwide don't have toilet, and 1.6 million of childre die every year because of no toilet, even more serious than HIV.

I, as a part of CAS, was so pleased to reach out the passers and explain these issues to them. Even though the goodies bags were not very attractive, the passers showed their interest in our posters, banner, and orange cartons people. My tireness of standing was worthy when people were willing to have their squating photo taken. I felt proud of myself when people could appreciate what I explained to them.

It was my second time of getting passers to come to the booth and explain something to them. The first time was CAS exQUIZit, 3rd of November. We tried to get passers to come to our booth and answer some questions about world issues. It was not as difficult as I had thought. All we had to do was to show our passion and catch the key of the interest of passers.

CAS has completed its events for semester 1. I hope it will be a good start for next semester! Cheers!